Friday, January 8, 2010

Welcome to the St. Pius Chess Club Blog

My name is Ivan and I will be the new chess coach at St. Pius Chess.

I am currently coach the SMA Chess Team on the Island: Click here.
We finished in first place in our last tournament.

I love the game of chess and have been playing for a long time. Last year I coached my son's school chess team & we had a lot of fun leaning the game & competing in tournaments. I would like to do the same at
St. Pius. This is a link to the blog I created last year: Click here.

The benefits of kids learning the game have been well documented. Here is information from the
USCF (United States Chess Federation) : Click Here

The following link :
Click here is a great resource where kids (and adults) can learn the game at his or her own pace. I would like all the kids in the team to go through the lessons in order.

If you have any questions please leave them as comments below

No comments:

Post a Comment